Below is an example of the required bonfire permit for student groups. The following steps must be completed before a bonfire will be approved:
- Complete the Ohio EPA Recommended Open Burning Notification Form (DOC)
- Deliver/Fax a copy to the local Fire Department for their signature.
- Return the completed/signed form to the Portsmouth Local Air Agency located at the address on the form.
- The Portsmouth Local Air Agency will provide you with an approved permit (example below)
- Once the form has been obtained deliver the original to the Office of Risk Management in the Administration Building room 182.
- After the permit has been delivered to Risk Management, submit a work request to Facilities at least 5 days prior to the event with the date/time/duration of the event.