Follow these steps to connect your
Computer to the SSU network
- If you are in your campus apartment, you can connect directly to the network using a network cable. Plug one end into your computer and the other end in the upper-left jack on the wall plate in your bedroom. Network cables are available for sale in the bookstore if you need one.
- If you wish connect wirelessly, click on the wireless icon in the system tray near the clock. A list of available networks will appear. Choose the one that corresponds to your building (ex. CV8-WLAN for Campus View 8), and click on “Connect”.
- Once you are successfully connected, either with a network cable or via wireless, open Internet Explorer and attempt to navigate to a non-Shawnee web page. You will briefly see a message that you are being automatically redirected. You will then arrive at the “Network Access” log on screen.
- Enter your Network Account username and password in the box on the left and then click “Log In”. Your Network Account username is your last name + first initial with possibly a number after it. (ex. jonesj4). If you don’t know your username and password, or if it won’t accept your login, visit the online Password Self-Service Center at http://myid.shawnee.edu.
- After you successfully log in, click the button to download the Cisco NAC Agent and choose “Run” or “Allow” on any prompts.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the Cisco NAC Agent.
- The NAC Agent login screen should appear automatically in a few seconds. Enter your username and password in the box and click “Log in”. Use the same username and password from step 4.
- If your system meets all of the requirements, you will be asked to accept the network usage terms and then you will be successfully logged on to the network. If you do not meet all of the requirements, follow the instructions on the screen to update your system.
Still having trouble “getting IT going”? Visit us at the UIS Help Desk in ADM 005.