2008-2009 Service Events
Service Opportunities Available All Year
- Loaves & Fishes: Every 2nd, 4th, & 5th Saturday
10am-1pm Prepare and serve meals as well as socialize with
guests and other volunteers.
- God's Pantry: Every Wednesday 9:30am-2pm The largest
food pantry in the area. You will help with stocking
shelves and working directly with recipients.
- Sierra's Haven: Monday-Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday
10am-2pm Help with cleaning and maintenance, etc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: Mentoring and tutoring
children from the local community and provide a positive role
- Children's Learning Center: Monday-Friday 7am-5pm:
Providing services to assist in any event with the children at
the CLC, i.e. mentoring, reading, taking part in physical
activities such as safety events and walks.
- Hill View Retirement Center: Working with senior
citizens either in the Alzheimer Unit or volunteering time with
the assisted living, i.e. helping instruct with crafts, music
time, teaching dance, working on puzzles, conversing with them,
basically just giving them your time and attention.
- Portsmouth Public Library: Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm,
Firday 9am-5:30pm, Saturday 9am-5pm Tutoring and reading
to children, helping shelve donated books and new orders,
assisting with anything else that might be needed within the
works of the library.
- RSVP (Retired and St Volunteer Program): Help with
marketing, mailings, and any other tasks that might be needed.
- Salvation Army: Help with marketing of programs and
opportunities, help at the call center answering phones and
assisting with any further direction.
- Portsmouth Little League: Volunteer coaching and/or
help clean up and prepare fields for the season.
- Shawnee State Park: Help with trail maintenance and/or
volunteering for youth programs.