Requirements while enrolled in the program
- Students admitted to the program must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA each semester and progress through the program requirements in a timely and successful manner. Withdrawals, grades of D or F in any course, and taking less than 16 credits per semester for the first three years are all considered grounds for dismissal from the program.
- Consultation with your advisor is required every semester to ensure that you maintain appropriate progress towards completion of the degree. Failure to meet face-to-face with your advisor each semester is grounds for dismissal from the 3+2 program.
- Completion of a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer experience supervised by an occupational therapist is required in order to successfully progress from the bachelor's of arts in psychology (BA PSYC) program and in to the MOT program. It is recommended that this volunteer experience take place in the summer between years 2 and 3 of the BA PSYC program.
Completion of the following courses is required in order to successfully progress from the BA PSYC program and into the MOT program:
1. Completion of all GEP requirements.
- The Quantitative Reasoning section must be fulfilled utilizing MATH 1500 statistics.
- The Social Science requirement must be fulfilled using SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology.
- The Natural Science requirements must be fulfilled using BIOL 1151 General Biology 1 and BIOL 3560 Principles of Anatomy.
2. Completion of all Bachelors of Arts in Psychology PRE-MOT requirements (see Degree Requirements Checklist below).