This specialty 3+2 degree offers an accelerated baccalaureate degree in the study of health and occupation. Upon successful completion in three years, you will be admitted into the Master of Occupational Therapy program. This program will allow a student to complete the requirements for an undergraduate degree while transitioning into the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT).
The 3+2 degree is a selective program and acceptance is not guaranteed.
To apply to the BSOT 3+2 program, please follow the following steps:
- Apply through the Occupational Therapy Central Application System (OTCAS)
- Be sure to select the Bachelor's to Master's 3+2 program
- Shawnee State University Supplemental Application(s)
The application deadline is March 1 for the following fall term.
- 3 letters of reference uploaded to OTCAS
Two letters should be from teacher and/or work supervisor; one should be from a person (non-relative) who can provide a character reference.
- Personal Essay via OTCAS
Essay should clearly and effectively convey your goals, what Occupational Therapy means to you, and why you chose Occupational Therapy. Please adhere to proper writing standards, such as correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- 20 volunteer hours with a licensed Occupational Therapist. Volunteer evaluation form(s)
must be completed by OTR/L and submitted to Shawnee State University at the above
address. 20 additional hours will be completed prior to entry into the graduate portion
of the program.
Volunteer Evaluation Form
To learn more about Shawnee State University, click here, SSU.