The Department of Natural Sciences recognizes that applying to graduate, medical, and other professional schools is an expensive burden borne by many students. The department has developed programs for students on the BS in Biology, Biomedical Sciences Track to assist with these expenses.
The Pre-Med Program Fee paid by students each semester enables funding of these programs. The fee also supports professional development of biomedical sciences advisors, student travel, student club expenses, and undergraduate research.
- BS in Biology, Biomedical Sciences major for at least three semesters
- Remain enrolled in the biomedical sciences major until graduation
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher
- $100 to help defray the cost of registering to take an admissions exam
- $200 to help with application fees to graduate and professional schools
- $500 to offset the cost of taking an admissions exam preparatory course
- $200 for admissions exam preparation materials