Thank you for your interest in health profession programs at Shawnee State University. Our Admission Counselors look forward to sharing more information with you soon.
We invite you to get to know Shawnee State University — and how you can become a Standout Student. We have so much to share with you, but we’ll start with a few highlights.
Created in 1986
Located along the Ohio River in Portsmouth, Ohio
Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
• 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio
• Small class sizes so professors know you by name
• Nearly 4,000 students with 1,000 living on campus
• More than $2 million in scholarships awarded each yearMore About Scholarships
• More than 50 clubs and organizations based on majors, interests, diversity, religious beliefs and political affiliations
• 19 intercollegiate men’s and women’s athletic teams including basketball, track, cross country, tennis, golf, soccer, baseball, softball, bowling, and women’s volleyball, with archery and e-sports starting this fall of 2018.
• Active intramural sports programs in basketball, bowling, flag football, golf, racquetball, sand volleyball, soccer, table tennis, and ultimate Frisbee
• Opportunities to experience the world through Study Abroad